June 25, 2006

sit still, it's pretty

I'm still surprised when the world is quiet. It seems sometimes that silence means non-existence.
As a gift from God before leaving for Halifax, I sat in a quiet world by the lake. On the dock I saw the world in stillness like I wasn't there.
The water looked like a dark mirror. Shimmery in a way that made you want to walk on it and mysterious in a way that threatened to make you disappear.
On noisy days I think the more confident stars are comfortable. On quiet nights, the timid stars come out, like if the world is still enough they can sneak into the sky without being noticed.
I've never imagined what a bird in flight would sound like, that it would make any sound at all.
Northern lights are good for nights like this. They move silently and gracefully through the sky like the fish know how to do in the water, like the bird knew how to do in the sky.

the journey:




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you

- tall jordan

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home