July 02, 2006

The darker side of Emmanuel

Well, this is the end.
The gospel church was great- it seems though that 20 min sermons really mean 52 min sermons. All the standing and singing made me tired. The pastor also said things that were very funny and that a white pastor would never get away with - things like ' if the woman you marry has a lot of clothes when you marry her, don't be surprised if she does a lot of shopping.' only he said it in a black kind of way- with enthusiasm. he sounded like chris rock/ cuba gooding jr.
I have alot of packing to do now. i got some energy from the sun being a big red circle in the sky.
goodbye halifax.







We were born before the wind/ Also younger than the sun/ Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic

Hark, now hear the sailors cry/ Smell the sea and feel the sky/ Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic

And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home/ And when that fog horn blows I want to hear it/ I dont have to fear it/ I want to rock your gypsy soul/ Just like way back in the days of old/ Then magnificently we will float into the mystic

And when that fog horn blows you know I will be coming home/ And when that fog horn whistle blows I got to hear it/ I dont have to fear it/ I want to rock your gypsy soul/ Just like way back in the days of old

And together we will float into the mystic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home